Part of living a full and fulfilling life comes from the spontaneity of a pick-up game of the sport of you and your neighbor’s choice. There you see the foibles of our humanity and our varying abilities brought together in a joint effort of joy. Professionalism, fierce competition, and anger are out the door, leaving the joy of sport without the necessity of someone winning or losing.
- Informal, spontaneous gathering
- Community spaces available to all
- Minimal and flexible rules
- Mixture of ages and abilities
- Patience to teach and learn