We are now facing a planet of limits requiring our intelligence, imagination and governance to balance:
Many historical limits have been camouflaged by a lack of public knowledge and transparency. Solutions have come only through the horrors of conflict and a massive global inequality. We are now learning:
- how much water there is
- how much wealth can be created and securely stored
- how much viable land there is — how many people can it supply with both quality of life and reserves
- how many viable jobs can be created
- how much tax base is there to support governance and services
- how technology is our friend or foe — how much can we incorporate and still exist as thinking creatures?
What choices must we make and how must we exercise them today?