Unbridled capitalism has produced unacceptable inequality and a gross exploitation of resources and people. In essence, it has left a societal mess for all but the wealthy and privileged! It’s time for private systems to rise to new challenges.
Capital needs to be deployed creatively, in support of innovation and sustainable systems that recognizes:
- the limits of what the earth can support
- the increasing dangers to world stability created by inequality
- an investment in development (enrichment) versus uncontrolled growth
- the decline of extractive industries
- the value of human insights and creativity
- the opportunities for private capital in a market of limits